You can access your online courses by logging in to KCKCC’s Blackboard page.
- Go to the KCKCC website at http://www.kckcc.edu on your computer’s web browser.
- Click the Blackboard link at the top area of the website, beside the search box with the magnifying glass.
Access your course
After logging in Blackboard, the very first page you land on is referred to as My Home. On this page you will find a box titled My Courses.
Once you’re in the course home page, you will see a menu on the left side of the page called the Course Menu. On the Course Menu, you will find the links to everything you will need to access in the class.
a. By clicking on the Content link, you have access to all the documents, videos, images, assignments.dropboxes (for written assignments), tests or surveys.
b. Course Messages is where instructors will communicate in the class. The purpose of the this tool is to keep communication inside of Blackboard so that it doesn’t get lost in Campus Email.
c. My Grades is where you can access your graded assignments 24/7.
d. If you are having a problem with any of the Blackboard features, you can click on the Help link and find documents and videos that can walk you through the necessary steps.
Also in the course home page (to the right of the Course menu) are boxes called Modules. You will find what the Home Course Page looks like is as varied as the instructors that teach your classes. Regardless of how many Modules you may see in the class, pay special attention to My Announcements and My Messages.
- My Announcements is where your instructor will let you know when assignments are due or changes that have been made.
- My Messages allows you to check your messages without going to Course Messages. Course Messages is where all class correspondence should take place.
- Any other Modules that are added will be strictly for that class and instructor.